Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 3

Memories: Old and New


Coming home to our house in Rizal always gives me a pinch of pain.

I felt the exact same feeling when I was here last year.

Probably because it brings back memories of my father, and it reminds me that a couple of days after January 1st will be his death anniversary.

But what's good in this house is that I would stumble upon bits and pieces of memories when I was younger--be it photos, drawings, stuff toys, textbooks, and the like.

This time, when I was rummaging through an old, dusty bookshelf, I saw a photocopy of my College Graduation Clearance. My goodness! That was 8 years ago!

My youngest brother saw a much older stuff—my Writing notebook when I was in 4th Grade.

He took a photo:



and posted in online with a caption: 

"Ha! You wanted to be a dentist. Why are you in IT again?"

I thought it was funny, because I don’t remember writing about it when I was that young.

So I just commented with: 

"Look at my handwriting! It looks silly."

It really looks different on how I write now.


---


Anyway, when we were younger, we wanted to be a lot of things and it may or may not be what we planned or intended to be.

Because people change.

Just recently, my friends and I went on a trip to beach and I could say that it was one of the most fun trips I've had in my life.

One friend even made sure that aside from being fun, the trip also has to be meaningful.

In the evening of that trip, before we drink the night away, we gathered around a bonfire by the beach and talked about our experiences, the things that we're thankful for in 2014, and the plans we have for 2015.

I remember saying that for this year, 2015, I'd try learning a new skill. Although, I'm not sure what specific skill it's going to be. Hahaha! 

After everything that's been said that night, I guess I could conclude that what we are now is a culmination of all the aspirations, the decisions we took, the mistakes we've done, the people we've met, the friends we've made, the books we've read, and the lessons we've learned in life; which all contributes to the memories that we make.

So, cheers to a new year!

Let's make this year count by making new memories.

14 comments:

Seth said...

you wrote better than me when i was in elementary. i hated cursive writing. i almost tore apart my writing book because i hated filling out those curves and lines

Nate said...

haha! thanks Seth!

Anonymous said...

Damn, you have waaay better penmanship compared to mines, Heck even your 4th grade penmanshipnis waay better. Mines is barely even legible

kalansaycollector said...

ganda ng penmanship nung grade four ah. hehe

nostalgic post. anyway i remember noon ginusto kong maging pulis.
then, macomputer engineer.

hmm malayo na sila sa kung ano ako ngayon. haha

Anonymous said...

Its like you resd my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book
in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics
to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog.

A fantastic read. Iwill certainly be back.

My page :: home make -
-

Nate said...

@Anonymous: wow. thanks for your kind words and for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Stunning quest there. What happened after? Take
care!

Feel free to visit my weblog - Kelsey’s Diamond Obsession Phrases Review – Is It For You

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your
efforts and I will be waiting for your further
post thank you once again.

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay
a quick visit this web site on regular basis to take updated from most up-to-date news.

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this website by way of my cousin. I'm not certain whether this put up is written by way of him as nobody else recognize such
exact about my trouble. You are wonderful! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Keep this going please, great job!

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing, great job!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make
my blog jump out. Please let me know where you
got your theme. Bless you

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share opinions.
Great blog, stick with it!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts