Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 27

A Haunted Express 2


Part 1 | Part 2


I immediately got up, and checked if I'm really awake or I'm still dreaming. After catching my breath, I got up and drank a glass of water.

When I was already able to think clearer, I opened my laptop and started recalling the details of the dream...


***


I was supposed to go somewhere I can’t clearly recall. All I know is that I’m supposed to take the train going there.

I arrived at the first station of the Express, dragging a stroller-type luggage. Funny how there’s a sign board that says “Departure.” I remembered smirking after seeing the sign board.

Nothing’s odd.

I often take the train going to work, so this one’s just a usual thing. Some look like in hurry. Some are carrying a lot of bags. Some look indifferent, with their earplugs on, shaking their head to whatever music it is their listening to. Others just sit there on the benches, waiting.

After quite a while, the overhead speakers sounded:

“Attention, all passengers! Please proceed to the Luggage Room to leave your baggage. Our staff will take good care of your belongings while loading them inside the train.”

People fell in two lines, going towards the Luggage Room. Inside, poker-faced staff would take your things from you and set them aside some corner. I was the 30th in the left line.

When one of the staff got my stroller-bag, I went outside, and hurried back to the bench where I was seated a while ago. Good thing, it's still vacant.

Then, it hit me.


Departure sign board. Stroller-bag. Luggage Room.

“Shit. There’s something wrong.”

Sign boards usually display the “station’s name,” not “Departure.”

This isn’t an airport, so why is there a Luggage Room?

Also, there isn’t a train to begin with. Where the fuck would they load our stuff?

And lastly, why does it seem like I’m the only one affected? People around me seem to act normally about what’s happening.


If there is a train, it should’ve been there before they’d let us enter inside the station. But there’s none.

So I tried to stay calm, and not make a scene. Who knows what might happen if I start asking around?


After a couple of minutes, I heard a familiar sound.

A train.

A train is approaching, and fast; this got the attention of everyone.

This is the first station of the train, with a Departure sign board.

“Why is there a train arriving?” asked a mother of three kids to this young man seated beside her, two benches away from me.

“I don’t know,” answered the young man.

Some nosy people walked towards the loading bay of the train and tried to get a look of the arriving train. When the train is almost near, they took a step back, and waited for the train to stop.

I ran towards the loading bay to see what’s going on.

Then, something bizarre happened.


“Joey, anak?” said a father to boy who alighted from the train.

“Papa?” said the boy, who’s a bit confused on what’s happening.

“Anak? Anak!” shouted the father as he ran towards the boy to hug him. He, then, held the boy’s face and took a good look at him. He was examining the boy’s neck, arms, hands, and legs.

“Anak, ikaw nga,” said the father, almost in tears. I was near them, witnessing the drama.

“Ma! Ma! Yung anak mo, andito!” shouted the father, while waving his hand to his wife. The lady, then, paved the way towards the scene.

Upon seeing her son, the mother turned pale white.

“Joey?” asked the lady.

“Mama…” replied the little boy.

She went near the boy, knelt down in front of him, and slowly touched his face. Tears start to trickle down the mother’s cheeks.

Trembling, she hushed:“Pano nangyari ‘to, anak? Eh, tatlong taon ka nang patay.” 



***to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts