Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 11

Just Another Morning Downpour... and More...






I know, I should've posted this the moment I finished writing about it... But for reasons I can't control, like urgent meetings and tons of workload, it was just now that I had time... Anyway, I just wanna share what I experienced a while ago... 




***



Taking a peek outside, you would see grey clouds asserting it’s going to rain anytime soon. So I went outside, ready to face whatever the weather may bring. While walking my way to tricycle station, I remember praying, “Dear Lord, if it’s ever going to rain, please let me travel halfway through to my workplace before it pours…”

I went past the tricycle station, then the jeepney station, then the train station unscathed (still dry). Since it’s going to be a long walk, I decided to get my quick fix of hot drink from a nearby convenience store. The first sip tastes lovely… “Nothing beats having a warm drink on a cold weather,” I told myself.

“I guess it won’t rain…”

I went outside the store, on my left shoulder carrying the heaviest laptop bag ever with my left hand supporting it, and my right hand holding a pick-me-up… The moment the door closed behind my back was the same moment the floodgates of the heavens were opened… widely…

“Why now?!”

“How am I supposed to hold an umbrella when my hands are already full?”

Then I remembered…

“Dear Lord, if it’s ever going to rain, please let me travel halfway through to my workplace before it pours…”

I just shook my head, “Tsk.. tsk.. Mali…”

But come to think of it; I was, indeed, halfway from my workplace. I just can’t help but to smile. I mean, wasn’t it I that asked for the rain to pour exactly on the distance I specified? Well, silly me.

I balanced my left shoulder so that it could hold both the laptop bag and the pick-me-up, while my right hand now holds the umbrella. And, mind you, it was a generous outpour. Instead of being pissed off, I just imagined myself strolling… I’m fond of long, mindless walks… I’d like to believe I was strolling… It was just me, the rain, and my hot drink. I didn’t mind the others scampering around to find shelter, or those walking faster than I was.

I just kept on walking...

The wet breeze cooling my face and my body…

The lulling sound of rain drops…

The warm feel of my hot drink on every sip…

Before I knew it, I was at the next jeepney station where I was supposed to ride. The moment I got in the jeepney, the rain stopped—drastically.

Inside the jeepney, I could sense a stare or two from the passengers. Maybe because I was wearing a smile, so beautiful, it’s annoying. I can’t blame them… One guy was soaking wet, the other guy was wet as well, because his umbrella betrayed him. A sour-faced lady was obviously pissed because her valued pair of shoes was soaked. With that being said, I guess the last thing they’d wanna see is this guy, holding a pick-me-up and wearing a silly smile.

To add to their, well, already ruined day, the silly me had a gulp from my drink and let out an unnecessary and extremely irritating, “Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh…”

I guess they were relieved when I dropped off.

I arrived to work 20 minutes before the time... I just sat back on my chair, and finished my drink…

I guess the rain doesn’t only bring about sad, lonely thoughts. It could also activate our endorphins.


Life’s good!


Hot cappuccino, anyone?

8 comments:

^travis said...

and you just had to rub it in by that "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh..." lols. ikaw na ang may line to heaven, i swear!

Nate said...

@travis: ahahaha! :P yeah... i had to rub it on their faces... my silly, dopey smile is too annoying... i swear, if looks could kill.. multiple stab/ gunshots yun hurled at me... hehehe.. :P

eon said...

nothing like a good cup of joe. :)

Nate said...

ah, my Muse, Eon... your comment is bliss.. :) oy, yung questions ko kay Jerron ah.. :P

zeke said...

How inconsiderate! hahahahahaha choz.

An anecdote with a moral: Prayer works miracles. :)

Nate said...

@GB: hmf!! hmf!! :P

RoNRoNTuRoN said...

nakaka GV naman tong post na to. happy lang! :D

Nate said...

@ronron: yup! GV! thanks! :D but my next post isn't.. :(

Post a Comment

Popular Posts